If you're in the Boston area I'm teaching a fermented foods class in Somerville, Mass on Saturday, February 21st at 4 pm!
Want to join? We'd love to have you!
Email me at Amelia@selkskin.com for more info.
“It may seem strange to us that, in earlier times, people knew how to preserve vegetables for long periods without the use of freezers or canning machines. This was done through the process of lacto-fermentation. Lactic acid is a natural preservative that inhibits putrefying bacteria. Starches and sugars in vegetables and fruits are converted into lactic acid by the many species of lactic-acid-producing bacteria.” ~
Lacto-Fermentation-A TASTE of the class to come:
- Makes vitamins and minerals bioavailable because it is predigested
- Produces vitamins K, B6, B12
- Lactobacilli from lactic-acid - produce enzymes, antibiotic, and anticarcinogenic substances
- The ancient Greeks, Asian cuisines, and people who ate the traditional diets of their ancestors preserved veggies
- The benefits of the veggies increases with this method